I play a Slayer in Tera Online and figured I’d compile a list of tips for new dungeon Slayers as some have helped me out immensely in runs. I run around as Percy.Theodore on the Valley of Titans server.
I have not fully cleared Balder’s Temple Hard Mode yet! Soon! Have cleared BTHM a few times now 😀 On to Kelsaik Hard Mode!
Fighting mana decay
Slayers are very mana dependent given that your DPS will come from using your skills. Here are a few ways to keep your mana up during fights:
- Use Infused charms until you get the Greater Infused effect. You WILL run out of mana on anything other than that.
- Ask your Priest to use MP regen (restores 400 MP), or your Mystic to use their mana regen aura, and to drop mana balls (3 of them should max your MP).
- Swap a weapon crystal (usually Focused) for a Glistening Crystal if you must. This will give you an MP regen effect on back crit attacks.
- Don’t forget to use Triumphant Shout and Tenacity whenever you can to slow down decay and to get some MP back.
You should be able to continuously use your skills without having to rely on Combo Attack to refill your mana by doing the above.
Items to have on hand for a run
- Arunic Panaceas: Always keep a few on you before embarking on a dungeon run. These babies will restore your stamina fully and instantly when out of battle stance. This way, your party will not need to wait for you at a campfire.
- Campfire, Power Charms, Enduring Charms, and Infused Charms: Have some charms ready before taking on bosses. Extremely important is getting a Greater Infused effect. Remember to re-charm after 15 minutes or after a death.
- Scroll of Savagery or Scroll of Carving: The Scroll of Savagery will raise your crit power, while the Scroll of Carving will raise your crit rate. Lasts for 8 minutes.
- Healing Potions: In case your healer is not able to get to you on time, always have a few potions on hand for a healing burst. Healing Potions and Healing Draughts have different cooldown timers, so try to keep a few of each. I prefer potions and draughts over elixirs/restoratives.
- Scroll of Resurrection: Same as above. You can purchase faster resurrecting versions at Specialty vendors.
- Extra crystals: To replace your lost crystals after a death.
- Dungeon teleport scrolls: You can purchase dungeon scrolls at the Specialty Vendor in any town to get back to the dungeon after a wipe.
Positioning and movement
- Take note of where your tank is standing. Try to stay on the opposite side at all times. Bosses will sometimes have a secondary target and will turn around, and in those cases, do not chase the boss’ back. It will turn back to the tank eventually.
- Take note of where your healer is standing. Your healer will usually be standing on the left or right side of the boss to get a clear view of both tank and DPS. Be ready to edge towards your healer if you are low on HP or need some mana balls 🙂
- Use Backstab to quickly get behind bosses. It works on non-animate objects too!
- You only have one dodge, but many skills to get around quickly. Use your Backstab, Leaping Strike and Headlong rush to avoid oncoming attacks.